12g sidelock ejector by Charles Hellis - 28 x 2 1/2" barrels
This beautiful Charles Hellis sidelock was built circa 1910 and has 28″ x 2 1/2″ steel barrels, which are engraved with “Charles Hellis & Sons, 119 Edgware Road, Hyde Park, London W”. It’s fully engraved with fine scroll and scrolled borders with a vignette of rose on the underside of the action body. The gun is No 2 of a pair and retains about 50% of its original hardening colour. The 14 3/4″ stock is beautifully figured with a Silver’s pad and has a vacant gold escutcheon plate. What a beautiful gun which will be capable of firing standard steel cartridges without alteration. It comes in a brassbound leather case.
|CONDITION:||Perfect barrel condition. 50% colour hardening.|